Birch



Series #001 completed in 2009
Media:  Acrylic and Newsprint on Canvas
Size:  16" x 20"
Artist's Collection -


This was my first formal painting in a while.  Over the last few years I have completed a pretty intricate Beer Pong table and constructed a custom trellis, but have not painted on canvas probably since High School.  My inspiration for the tree came from typical section graphics used by Landscape Architects.  I decided to do the background as a simple gradient.  As it turns out, Acrylic is not very conducive to this.  Damn paint dries out quickly!  Through trial and error I found that a misting of water helped extend the time I had to work with.  Overall, I am pretty pleased with the result.  For whatever reason, I haven't been able to recreate such a smooth gradient since.  Go figure.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

ARTiculate Form Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template