Raven In Flight

 

Series #004 completed in 2009
Media:  Acrylic and Printed Canson Paper on Canvas
Size:  12" x 24"
Collection of Scott Zielinski -

After I completed a few paintings and established somewhat of a style, people that came through my house began to take notice of them and give me some props.  At some point, in addition to the comments, I began to get some suggestions and requests.  The first of which came from my long time buddy, current neighbor, and average at best golfer, Scott.  Haha.  I kid, I kid.  Anyways, he requested something related to the Baltimore Ravens cuz dem Ravens are real noice.  I decided to base the subject off of a Raven's head logo and then build the rest of the bird around it.  Being that the Ravens were named in honor of Edgar Allen Poe, I printed his famous Raven poem all over the paper.  Definitely an odd poem and weirder poet, but i digress.  The purple background is my new take on the gradient theme.  This was much easier then those before it.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

ARTiculate Form Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template