Core



Series #003 completed in 2009
Media:  Acrylic and Newsprint on Canvas
Size:  16" x 20"
Artist's Collection -

Simply put, this is my take on a section through planet Earth.  It shows the various layers of crust and central core seemingly off kilter and out of balance.  Its pretty wild to think of the magma core and intense forces happening beneath our feet.  The first three paintings I've posted all include newsprint.  The print is taken from the Wall Street Journal... because that's what my roommate subscribed to and rarely ever read.  I sure as hell wouldn't pay money for all of that nonsense.  Anyways, the first two newsprint sections were selected for their layout and textural effects, while this one was specifically chosen to show stocks and bonds which in a way, really do form the world we currently live in.  I wouldn't call that a political statement or anything.  I just like it when art forces you to think or evokes some kind of emotion.  That's all I'm tryin' to do.

Can you tell what all the sectional elements are?  I have listed them at the bottom...



Clockwise from the top:  Manhattan Skyline, St. Louis Arch, Grand Canyon, Rocky Mountains, Pacific Ocean, Great Wall of China, Black Forest, Eiffel Tower, Atlantic Ocean...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

ARTiculate Form Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template