Marlin

 

Series #005 completed in 2009
Media:  Acrylic and Dark Papyrus on Canvas
Size:  24" x 24"
Commissioned by Chris Perrini -

Soooooo Chris asked me to whip something up for him back in the Fall.   I did.  It's now February and he still hasn't picked it up.  In fact, he might be seeing it now for the first time!  Anyways, I was at the art store and came across a selection of crazy paper types and textures.  The one I chose for this one was Dark Papyrus, you know, like the Egyptians used.  The paper is very fibrous and tends to curl up on itself.  Cutting was not a problem, but pasting it in place was an issue.  The background of the piece is a sunburst based on a Japanese design everyone has seen at one time or another.  I used painter's tape to mask off the areas and get straight lines.  I might have a little bit of OCD in me, but im alright with that.  Overall, I'm happy with how it all turned out, and most people seem drawn to it.  Well, everyone but Chris to this point...


1 comments:

MDeGrandis on February 10, 2010 at 1:42 PM said...

Definitely my favorite, I love the contrast. Very cool.

Post a Comment

 

Followers

ARTiculate Form Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template