Watley

 

Series #006 completed in 2009
Media:  Acrylic and Dark Papyrus on Canvas
Size:  12" x 24"
Collection of Adrienne Gregorio -

Traditionally, I've never been much of a cat person.  I grew up with a dog and never had any friends or family with a cat.  At least not that I can remember.  Over the last few months I've gotten to know one Bengal cat in particular pretty well.  Mr. Watley, as he is formally referred to, is an athletic, graceful, and mischievous little guy.  The painting I did in his likeness depicts one of his favorite pastimes, chasing flies.  Only difference is that he is usually confined to an apartment as opposed to the dripping grass meadow I have shown.  Finally, I figured out how to use the water solubility of acrylics for good!  Oh yeah, and the papyrus begins to represent his uniquely striped coat, which is cool.  Watley is alright in my book, as long as he's not biting my foot or sticking his face in my food.  Then again, I can't really blame him.  He is a tiger...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

ARTiculate Form Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template